Medigas Consult conducts an in-depth site survey of the existing Medical Gas Systems in operation in the hospital. In line with the refurbishment requirements of the client fresh design drawings, specifications and bills of quantities are drawn up to international standards (EN7396, HTM, and MDD) to ensure the security of patients as well as staff.
Projects for refurbishment of hospitals require particular attention and generally involve:
- Physical examination of existing installations
- Research of drawings and technical documentation pertaining to systems installed
- Re-evaluation of network sizing in view of any new demands being imposed on the hospital
- New sizing calculations, taking into account existing installed pipework, so as to ensure that upgrading is both functionally satisfactory and cost–effective
- Physical Testing of network to check structural and quality integrity
- Checking for conformance to HTM, EN 7396, or the Medical Devices Directive as appropriate.